Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Great Day

Pony Gal was bummed today that art class was canceled, so we decided to try to do something else. I didn't feel up to heading to the science center, but had planned on stopping for some comic books with Superboy while she was in class, and so we just widened that up to include her. An odd thing has happened the last few years. When Dad and I were first married he really balked against comic book heroes and movies. Apparently seeing that someone other than his wife enjoys them, he has grown to like them as well, and the kids are all fans. So, we headed out after a nice morning of school work and reading together, some yummy leftovers from family night with the Reids last night and checking on our sheep to monitor their pregnancy progress. We swung by Grandma B's to make she was recovering from a bad reaction to some medicine okay (and she was), then into town for coffee and comics at one of my favorite coffee shops. The kids played a while with the figurines they have out to play with and enjoyed some hot chocolate. Had I remembered to bring my knitting, we would have stayed longer, but I still enjoyed a toasted marshmallow breve and we came home with a nice stack of comics to look at (since neither is reading, yet). They have some nice wordless comics I intend to go back and get once we are back in slush funds again, as I both kids love to make up their own stories using pictures, and the books would be a fun medium for that. Home came quickly, and we watched a little TV during my current afternoon rest time before starting a fabulous dinner of steak, beans and twice baked potatoes. Days that just "happen" are so nice. It makes me reconsider some of our more planned out-of-the-house days, but alas, they are just as fun. It is just nice to change things up a bit once in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!