Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Flourless Chocolate Cookies

These are a house favorite. A little delicate to make, as they come out of the oven still pretty gooey, but simple, and already gluten free, which makes them awesome in my book.
Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Parchment paper
If using nuts, 2 1/2 c nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
3 c confectioner's sugar
2/3 c cocoa powder
1/4 t salt
2 eggs
1 t vanilla, almond or cherry extract (I used cherry this time)
1 t ground coriander

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together your dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl mix very well your wet ones. Combine them all, and mix just until moistened. It is a very sticky dough.
Drop by tablespoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets and bake about 20 minutes. I used the convection feature, which helped these along a lot. If you do not have it, I would recommend maybe going 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, but not from the paper. Pull the paper off the sheet and line with new paper for your next batch. Let cool on the paper then peel off and eat!

(adapted from Self Magazine Newsletter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!