Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Minnesota Weekend Excursion


See this? This happens every time we decide to go camping long distance. It storms. Never fails. The last time we were in Minnesota, as we were packing up the storm sirens went off and it started to rain. We got on the road to get out of town and witnessed the aftermath of a tornado up and down I-35. This was as we were heading to MN, and it was a doozy. It cleared up after we crossed the state line, but stormed while we were camping.





Here we see how the men in my family seem to like to sleep-under pillows. I don't know how they do it. I get a blanket too far up and feel like I'm going to suffocate.







This is Dad's favorite restaurant. It is locally owned, but has several locations there. We all love the fresh ingredients and quality cooking. The service is excellent,as well. We found it when we were in MN last, as it is just down the road from the very nice county campground we stayed at. This time around Dad's order got messed up, and they ended up not charging us for it, even though it wasn't that far behind our own meals. He loves the place for their walleye more than anything. He had walleye fingers for an appetizer and walleye tacos for lunch. I ended up sharing the tacos as it came with three very large ones, as well as guac, salsa, rice and beans, and one taco had me full. They were sooooo good, though. I think we may be planning a day trip up here later this year, leaving the kids with the grandparents, so we can eat again and visit IKEA again,a s well.


Superboy slept through the meal on the enormous booth we were in.







Pony Gal loved that all the kids' meals come with a build-your-own ice cream sundae.
After Ikea and lunch we headed to Cabela's where we all walked away with far too much stuff. I will say the kids could hang out and look at the stuffed animals and fish aquarium for hours. And they tried to, trust me.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!