Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fried Eggplant

One of my favorites and so simple!

Peel and slice your eggplant into thin discs. Layer them with plenty of salt in a colander and let them sit for at least 30 minutes to drain a lot of them moisture off of them.
 

 

Pat them salt and remaining wet off of them with towels. Dredge in flour, then in egg or milk (or if you're feelin' frisky as I apparently was this time around, red wine...) then back in flour

and fry in hot -around 350 degrees- oil.

Drain and eat. We always dipped in ketchup or ketchup and mayo mixed (isn't that fry sauce) or ranch dressing. Go-o-o-od.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!