Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ornery, ornery

I was doing what I usually do when I am washing dishes-gazing out the window, watching my animals eat, play and interact when out of the barn I saw a black thing dart, then dart back in. I had no idea what I had just seen-but it wasn't a goat, sheep or llama-at least not full sized ones. I wasn't sure if maybe I had kids or lambs show up overnight. Then it came out again and I had an oh sh*t moment as I realized the angora rabbits were out. I had a pretty good idea of how-someone in the barn, my money is on the goats, but all of them are pretty ornery when they want to be-had been on top of the wire part of the rabbit hutch and the weight was causing a hole to form. That hole finally got big enough that the bunnies escaped today. They don't go far-just in and out of the barn, and they always let me catch them. I moved them to a dog kennel in the bottom garage until it is warmer and Dad can finish their fancy two story hutch he started in the fall. In the meantime, all I can say is "Those cwaazee wabbits!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!