Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Goals...

Not necessarily resolutions. Resolutions are that which we are "resolute" to do, whereas goals are things we are shooting for. Things we'd like to see happen, but if they don't there isn't a lot of disappointment. I know God works in different ways, and my goals may not line up with His, and therefor may not happen. But, this is what we want to work on here on the farm...
*Dad decided that it is time to start going to church regularly again. I have to be honest here, I am not that excited. Every church we end up at, I end up getting beaten to a pulp emotionally for one reason or another, and it bothers me to put myself in that position again. We are going to one that is larger than most we've been in, and going to an evening service, which may help with the kids. I need to be sure to be prepared with snacks and water bottles so the kids have a good chance at making it through the service happily. We'll see how this all goes. I am just as happy being a servant at home, but it may be that there is a reason for Dad pushing this.
*Momma is going to lose some serious weight. That's all there is to it. I have friends who are on the same road, so hopefully we can support each other and this will be the year I finally make it back down to pre-marriage size.
*In momma losing weight, we are taking more steps toward self-sufficiency in our lives, more of our food coming from our own work.
*A business plan, name and beginning of work for the business I am embarking on with dear friend Sarah so we can "open our doors" so to speak in 2011.
*House improvement so it flows, and we can better use the massive amount of space we have.
*Shelter built in the back so the sheep can be moved back there, and the flock grown, at the very least by a new breeding ram.
*Add a large tree for wind break (an addition to the line of small ones already out there)
*Add a couple nut trees, start paw paws (again)
*Two new grape vines for the vineyard
*Stain decks
*Remove chicken coop fire debris
*Shred through the paperwork leftover from Dad's father's death
*Move gardens closer to the house, and do specialized beds, rather than large multi-species plots
*Hoping Pony Gal starts reading
*Superboy pottytrained
I think those are the big ones for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!