Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, January 8, 2010

Knitted Winter set-knit for hire




I made these for a family friend, Tracy. She wanted something that resembled Michael Jackson's white gloves, plus a scarf to go with and was having trouble finding them. For the scarf I used the One Row pattern here and for the gloves the Coraline pattern here (omitting the color changes).

I used the generic acrylic available at Hobby Lobby in a worsted weight for both. They came together very quickly, though I did end up doing one glove twice, as I tried two different increase methods and liked the one on the second glove better. Since I love busy hands, it was easy (and fun) money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!