Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Diana's Posole


I had to make some last minute changes:
*I had no spine meat/bones (though know to get it with my pork next fall) so I used pork chops



*I was slightly short on time, so I did the whole thing on the stove top, rather than in the oven. Seemed to work out fine.


*I first tasted posole, a green one I will have to figure out, at The Cafe in Ames and fell in love. When Diana posted her recipe (just as good, but slightly different) I was so psyched. They serve theirs with an egg over easy on top. I did mine this way at home, and I really love the combination of flavors.

1 comment:

  1. Abby, I'm so glad you were able to use the leftover sauce to make this! I like the added egg on top, I'm going to have to try that next time!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!