Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Poor Cassidy and Skooter

Apparently Cassidy and Skooter, two of our three goats, had grown incredibly attached to each other since moving out here. Since I have moved Skooter to his permanent, far removed from the ladies, pen, both he and Cassidy have been pretty upset. He bleats quite a bit when he sees me or the kids, and, though she is eating fine and looks okay otherwise, Cass has looked very depressed. She goes through her meal, then just wants to snuggle when she's done and doesn't look happy like usual. If we are watching from afar she looks okay, but she is making it very known that she misses her buddy. I hate that I have to keep them separate, but I fear I waited too long as it were to separate them. We didn't plan to breed them this year, and I am hoping I got him out in time. Though Cass was big enough to be okay, I really was hoping to keep her free one more year. We'll just deal with whatever happens, and with the chicken coop incident, I was all flustered and thrown off in getting everything for Skooter set up. In the meantime, they look healthy, just upset, which makes me sad, but in the end it is for their own good. And once a year, they can hang out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!