Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Liquid Consumption


I was just watching as both of my children eschewed their own water bottles full of ice water to drink out of my tall glass. The only difference being that its mine. I have noticed that they drink far more during the day if my glass is accessible then when they can only reach their own. It reminds me of my childhood and being at my Grandma C's house. All of us would help ourselves to her sweet tea, and I am sure we drank gallons of it from her. True, its something small, but its something that I will always carry with me, and I love to share with my kids. Granted, my iced tea and water are rarely sweetened (though, don't tell my hubby, I still love sweet tea, I just don't serve it that way for his sake :) ) there is something about sharing even the little things that makes me happy and nostalgic. Especially in the summer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!