Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Aaaackkk

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate debt collectors? I mean it. Work at McDonalds instead. I just got off the phone with a woman who was trying to recover a medical debt of ours I do not remember having from four years ago. I have no paperwork on it. I do recognize the agency name as they were the same ones that we had a different debt through (as it worked out the agency, which is a rarity, but nevertheless, was easier to set up reasonable payments with than the ob from hell's was), but the debts they brought up I do not recognize. And I am good about at least making some sort of payment to appease them, but they said they have never been able to make any sort of connection with us until now. So I am exercising my right to get a full detailed report of what it is they think I owe. In the meantime, they lied to me and said they had spoken to my husband and he said we would send payment immediately, which never happened. For one, Dad would never agree to that without talking to me, but he also has no clue where to start in going about doing that. I asked him to verify, and he had, in fact, said nothing. I do not like having to owe someone. I have a feeling this is coming up because of the mortgage we just put on the house to consolidate the LEGITIMATE debts we have. We'll see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!