Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 6, 2009

Thinking Spring

This weather has got big ideas swarming around in my head. This weekend, I know, for sure, I am finally going to get to clean out the chicken coop. Which makes me more happy than you know. It has been getting pretty stinky in there, I think some fresh hay may do a lot for morale. And may even jump start egg laying. The veterens in there know that fresh hay means it has been warm enough for us to get out, which means though winter is still on the books for awhile, it won't be more than a couple months more. It also gives the manure awhile to age out on the garden before it gets tilled in. I know scooping poop probably doesn't sound too fun, but I enjoy finally getting some not-lung-freezing time outside every once in a while, and this chance is sooo going to be taken. The kids need it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!