Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 9, 2009

Itchin....

...for a new tattoo. I have wanted one for a while, but totally couldn't decide what. Now I know. The catch is that technically I am "not allowed". I am not in some domineering relationship, but as a means of encouragement Dad and I decided I could get a new tattoo when I reached a certain goal in my weight loss-just a way to push me along more than anything. The problem is that he hangs me up more than just about anything else. If it were totally up to me, no feeding him, I would have reached that goal a long time ago. The kids and I can totally subsist off of healthy goodness. The hubby on the other hand, will not. Could he? Yes. Will he? No. So, in my logic, if he is part of the problem, then I get what I want anyway. And I have wanted another since way before I met him. Money and deciding on something that I would want to be permanent was difficult. I wanted to work something that would honor my dad, bless my children, reflect my love of God and nature and could be easily added to if other children come or loved ones leave. And it has taken since my dad died to figure it out, but as of yesterday I had. So now I need to go with my brother and talk tattoo artists, as well as probably have him draw something up. Originally I had wanted him to do it, but due to some situations over the last few years he can't. Anyway, hopefully I will inked again for the first time since February 14th, 2000, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!