Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Homeschool Week of September 1st thru the 5th

I meant to start putting down our general work each week and spaced it (as usual). I am really excited now as we just got back from the right to life book sale, and are currently loaded. I love books. I bought a bunch last week as well at half price books 20% off sale. I will probably take a break for a little while. I really need to get everything we have already catalogued so I can find certain books that relate to what we are talking about with school. I am using good reads right now to start. In the meantime, last week we worked on writing and recognizing the letter m, counting to ten (she loves doing this with some flashcards I picked up at Walgreens) some general spanish terms and focused on the book The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (one of my favorites). We also went to Park Day and the Pelican Festival. I can’t imagine sending her off to school where I wouldn’t be right in the middle of experiencing all the things she is learning as she learns it. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. We didn't make it to the sale today. Maybe tomorrow. I love that sale.

    And I've told SO MANY people, when they ask with disdain why we homeschool, that I totally can't wait until Wally's old enough to learn about stuff I don't already know, or have forgotten. SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I love watching Maeve learn and process things. It's amazing to see her passion when it comes to learning. I would hate to miss all of that by sending her to school.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!