Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Healthy Eating

When I met Dad I was at one of my slimmest, healthiest points. Not long after I gained A LOT of weight, and we were eating out all the time. Then I had Pony Gal. Then I fought PPD. I finally lost about 50 pounds-basically my Pony Gal and wedding weight. Then I had Superboy. I have managed to lose all of his baby weight with no effort, really at all. But, I want to be "me" again, so about a month ago I started using the weight watchers program (albeit on my own) to start dieting. Yes, I am breastfeeding, but I am careful to add extra points to what they recommend and I have not noticed any dive in my supply. What I am finding more than anything is that I am just eating healthier. Less processed food. I am more aware of portion sizes. I don't feel hungry. I have been using a lot more healthy grains and veggies-something definitely missing from my diet before. In that I am constantly looking for recipes that I can easily finds the "points" on, and that sound good. So far I have lost ten pounds, so I am happy with the way it is working. So, I am going to post the recipes I find that have worked well. I like cooking things that I find that are already peer tested, and I have people ask my frequently for recipes, so I am going to try this. Of course, we all know how well the cookie posts lasted. But we have to eat dinner here, so this shouldn't be an issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!